Jan shiksha Evam Vikas Sangathan, also known the PEDO (People’s Education and Development Organization, began its existence as the Bicchiwara Block Extension program of the Social Work and Research Centre (SWRC), Tilonia, in 1980. By 1986, it had grown enough to become an independent agency and since then it has continued to make constant progress, as well as to leave and enduring mark on the development scenario in Dungarpur district.
Mr. Devi Lal Vyas started his career in social sector in 1975 and worked with some of the well-known NGO’s, established the organization.
Having gained more than thirty five years of experience through various developmental programs, PEDO now concentrates on following major areas of concern:
- Women’s empowerment
- Promotion of self sustained people’s institutions
- Environmental up gradation & livelihood security through natural resource management
- Promotion of primary education and Child rights.
- Rural decentralization and strengthening Panchayati Raj Institutions.
- Irrigation and Agricultural Development
PEDO has its head office at Mada Village (15 KM from Dungarpur), which has office facility and resource (Training) centre, besides 9 federation office, across the district.